[FFmpeg-cvslog] r10837 - trunk/libavcodec/mpegvideo.c
Mon Oct 22 17:13:10 CEST 2007
Date: Mon Oct 22 17:13:10 2007
New Revision: 10837
Clarify comment block and rewrite in better English.
--- trunk/libavcodec/mpegvideo.c (original)
+++ trunk/libavcodec/mpegvideo.c Mon Oct 22 17:13:10 2007
@@ -843,17 +843,17 @@ int ff_find_unused_picture(MpegEncContex
av_log(s->avctx, AV_LOG_FATAL, "Internal error, picture buffer overflow\n");
- /*we could return -1 but the codec would crash anyway, trying to draw
- into, a non existing frame, this is safer than waiting for a random crash
- also the return of this is never usefull, a encoder must only allocate
- as many as allowed in the spec which has no relation to how many lavc
- could allocate (and MAX_PICTURE_COUNT is always large enough for such
- valid streams)
- and a decoder has to check stream validity and remove frames if too many
- reference frames are around. waiting for "OOM" is not correct at all, it
- similarely has to replace missing reference frames by (interpolated/MC)
- frames anything else is a bug in the codec ...
+ /* We could return -1, but the codec would crash trying to draw into a
+ * non-existing frame anyway. This is safer than waiting for a random crash.
+ * Also the return of this is never useful, an encoder must only allocate
+ * as much as allowed in the specification. This has no relationship to how
+ * much libavcodec could allocate (and MAX_PICTURE_COUNT is always large
+ * enough for such valid streams).
+ * Plus, a decoder has to check stream validity and remove frames if too
+ * many reference frames are around. Waiting for "OOM" is not correct at
+ * all. Similarly, missing reference frames have to be replaced by
+ * interpolated/MC frames, anything else is a bug in the codec ...
More information about the ffmpeg-cvslog