[FFmpeg-cvslog] r12212 - trunk/libavcodec/faandct.c
Sat Sep 6 18:11:11 CEST 2008
On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 08:21:48PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 10:32:24PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 06:18:57PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > > On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 04:06:37PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > > [...]
> > > >
> > > > Michael, dual-licensing like this is IMO not a good idea. Two out of
> > > > three functions in this file are covered by LGPL 2.1+ and BSDsomething,
> > > > the third function is not. The third function is very similar to the
> > > > other two and it is small. I suggest relicensing the whole file and be
> > > > done with it. Mixing licenses in a single file is IMO asking for
> > > > trouble in the long run.
> > >
> > > The 3rd function was written by roman not me. Thus i cannot relicense it.
> > Roman, what do you say?
> Roman agreed to relicense this to some sort of BSD/MIT/X11/ISC license
> in a private mail. We might as well pick some sort of standard while
> we're at it. I suggest using ISC, which is the simplest.
I will replace the license statement in the file with the following on
* Permission to use, copy, modify, and/or distribute this software for any
* purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above
* copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies.
* THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES
* WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
* MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR
* ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES
* WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN
* ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF
* OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
More information about the ffmpeg-cvslog