[Ffmpeg-devel] segfault in ff_mpeg1_find_frame_end()

Stefan Lucke stefan
Sun Apr 10 23:07:43 CEST 2005

On Sonntag, 10. April 2005 22:12, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Stefan Lucke <stefan at lucke.in-berlin.de> writes:
>
> > On Sonntag, 10. April 2005 20:37, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:

> >> Can the crash be reproduced using the "ffmpeg" command?
> >
> > No, at least not with ffmep -i in_file_name xx.m2v. Are there other
> > usfull parameters ?
>
> Not really.  Could you put a sample somewhere?

Original sample I got from someone in UK is about 48MB. Tried
a shorter cut of it (6MB), just a few GOPs before and after a/r switch
and this one doesnt segfault just:

[mpeg2video @ 0x40615668]invalid mb type in I Frame at 4 0
[mpeg2video @ 0x40615668]Warning MVs not available
[mpeg2video @ 0x40615668]concealing 1584 DC, 1584 AC, 1584 MV errors
[mpeg2video @ 0x40615668]concealing 1584 DC, 1584 AC, 1584 MV errors
[mpeg2video @ 0x40615668]concealing 1584 DC, 1584 AC, 1584 MV errors

It's at:

http://www.lucke.in-berlin.de/001.vdr

> >> This looks like an unrelated crash.
> >
> > But it happens at the same place when aspect ratio changes from 16:9
> > to 4:3.
>
> All signs are pointing at some buffer misuse.  Could you try running
> it under valgrind?

Never tried that. Have to read something about that. At least it is
present on my system:
stefan at jarada:~> valgrind --version
valgrind-20030725

--