[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: [Ffmpeg-devel-old] Native vorbis decoder, unfinished.

Balatoni Denes dbalatoni
Tue Apr 12 16:44:47 CEST 2005

Hi!

2005. ?prilis 12. 16.09-kor Alex Beregszaszi ezeket a bolcs gondolatokat
fogalmazta meg:
> > 	Any chance of feeding this information back to the document's
> > maintainers? You know, save future implementors the pain?
>
> Maybe I could prepare a patch for their docs. However, they dont look
> nice, also they are spreading misleading informations... (just think
> about the patent free stuff and theora hype).

They know it, the problem is more complex (the docs are generated from
the same source, but in practice they are not). Monty promised that all the
issues I brought up will be fixed (see vorbis-dev mailing-list).

So the competition starts: who will bring a native vorbis decoder first to
lavc before summer (yes, before summer).

> --
> Alex Beregszaszi 			e-mail: alex at fsn.hu
> Free Software Network			cell: +36 70 3144424

bye
Denes

--
- Use the Source Luke ! -