[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Indeo 2

Diego Biurrun diego
Fri Apr 15 01:49:00 CEST 2005

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 11:18:09AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> On Thursday 14 April 2005 05:12, Kostya wrote:
> [...]
> >  >I was talking about in the other mail, so I guess this is still a bug in
> >  >your decoder.
> >
> > I still suspect that's MPlayer colorspace conversion removes blockiness.
> > Try ffmpeg -i file -an -vcodec rawvideo -pix_fmt yuv410p -vtag YVU9 raw.avi
> > I tried on puppy and player result in MPlayer (got swapped U and V
> > fields but that's OK) and got _NO_ blocks. So it must be MPlayer.
>
> yes, the colorspace conversation in ffmpeg is crap, someone wanted to port the
> swscaler code but i havnt heard anything about that lately, and certainly saw
> no non experimental patch for it ...

Yes, I hooked Kostya's decoder into MPlayer and the blockiness is gone.

There are still some artifacts, though.  Merbanan managed to transcode
the videos to some other formats:

http://tranquillity.campus.luth.se/~banan/indeo2/

If you look closely at fish and laser you will notice moving objects
leaving black trails.

Diego