[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: libdca (was Re: Patent Infrigement)

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Sun Apr 17 11:02:07 CEST 2005

Attila Kinali wrote:
> That's just stupid. After the second time you've been dragged to
> curt you will not easily get of with a "i didn't know there was a patent"
> anymore but will be sued for knowingly breaking the law. Or in
> short: This isn't going to work this way.
Their patent is illegal, you can't patent methods...

I'm talking with a lawyer to know how much is illegal and if it can be
invalidated in court w/out problems.

> The only thing we can do is either invalidate the patent or
> prevent software patents from getting trough the EU parliament.
I think everybody is doing his best on that point.

lu
--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Developer		Gentoo/PPC Operational Manager
http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero