[Ffmpeg-devel] Reading a yuv file and performing h263 encode with ffmpeg

John Que qwejohn
Tue Apr 19 18:06:54 CEST 2005

hello,

    I want to use ffmpeg to do h263 encoding of a file which contains YUV
frames.

    I saw the libavcodec/apiexample.c of  ffmpeg.

   They have there an example of encoding a YUV picture which they
   generate in the code itself (in apiexample.c in video_encode_example()
method they
   builld an AVFrame called picture from memory).
   In that example, the building of this AVFrame instance seems not to be
simple;
    there are some loops there which are not clear and I cannot understand
from it
    what should I do when reading the YUV file in otder to build the
AVFrame.

Now I want to read from a yuv file and perform encoding ; Is there
some example/application which does it ?

I had tried to do it from the command line ,on Linux, and it was OK.
	 What I tried is
	 ./ffmpeg -y -s cif -vcodec h263 -i in.yuv 263decoded.yuv

But when I tried to do reverse engineereing and to learn the code and do
the same , I failed; maybe because I am trying to do it on windows;

In fact,All I want to do is read a yuv file and build from it the AVFrame
instance.

Any idea ? Is there some example / a simple app doing it?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
John