[Ffmpeg-devel] Using ffmpeg libs in an OSS project is a nightmare

Paul Curtis pfc
Sat Aug 6 14:10:01 CEST 2005

Kenneth Lavrsen wrote:

> I am not ignoring anything. Installing RPM packages is the way 90% or
> maybe rather 99% of users install and run software. Especially libraries.
> And WHY should your little project as the only one be so different from
> the others? Why are you right and the whole open source software world
> in general so wrong?

If you find the development methodology for this "little project" so
difficult to work with, then don't use it.

I have been involved in ffmpeg for two or so years. I can work with
their development method. If you cannot, then you need to move on and
find another library that fits your personal development style. Many
more people have invested time and effort in ffmpeg, and they don't have
a problem with the development method.

I might suggest using xine lib for your project.

Paul