[Ffmpeg-devel] .STR regressions?

Alexander Strange astrange
Sat Aug 6 22:18:54 CEST 2005

I've used FFmpeg's psxstr code to play files successfully before, but
it doesn't seem to be working properly in the latest CVS revision.

I've tested two different files so far (http://astrange.ithinksw.net/
ggg.str http://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/samples/game-formats/psx-str/
lunar2.str) and observed that:
* 'ffmpeg -i x.str -vcodec mjpeg x.avi' produces a lot of "pixel
format conversion not handled"
* the video stream is detected as 90000 fps instead of 15
* doing anything at all on Darwin causes malloc to complain about
illegal pointer use (and crash if anything but -vn is used); this
might happen on any big-endian architecture
* the result of -i x.str -acodec pcm_s16le x.wav has some clicking in
it, which doesn't seem to occur with other decoders
* hacking up psxstr.c and setting a fourcc ('mdec') so it can be
remuxed into AVI, and doing the equivalent hacking in MPlayer
codecs.conf, used to work but now errors with "mp_image: Unknown
out_fmt: 0x0". This one might be an error on my part, though.