[Ffmpeg-devel] aac adts input

Justin Ruggles jruggle
Tue Aug 9 08:26:17 CEST 2005

Hello,

I have a question regarding aac audio input that is in ADTS format
rather than MP4 container.  FAAC can create it either way, but FFmpeg
only seems to support the mp4 container from what I can determine.
MPlayer, mp4creator (mpeg4ip), and faad all support the ADTS variety.
Am I missing something?  If not, would it be a simple patch to add support?

As an odd side note, I have an aac audio clip with samplerate 22050 Hz,
and FFplay is playing it at half-speed.  FFplay reports the correct
samplerate...it just sounds funny.  When muxed into mp4 with video, it
plays both the audio & video at half-speed.  It plays correctly in
MPlayer and with faad.

-Justin