[Ffmpeg-devel] ./configure suggestion

Steven M. Schultz sms
Tue Aug 9 21:39:06 CEST 2005

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 10:34:06AM -0700, Steven M. Schultz wrote:
> > Hi -
> >
> > 	I've consolidated the 3 changes to ./configure into one patch.
> >
> > 	1. Remove the extraneous "-d" in the Darwin LDFLAGS
> >
> > 	2. Add -lavutil to the Libs: section of the libavcodec .pc file
> >
> > 	3. Add -maltivec to the CFLAGS when using the gcc on OSX - this will
> > 	   enable the vectorized mem* routines and remove the warning:
>
> separate patches / commits are prefered, see the docs, cvs policy i think

	Well, the -d patch has already been submitted.   Did it fall thru
	the cracks and not get applied?

	The -lavutil was also (re)submitted.  Nothing came of it.

	If those two were already applied then the only change would be
	to add -maltivec.

	It's all 1 file so is making 3 commits instead of 1 with an extra
	sentence in the log simpler/better?

	If the first two can be applied from the backlog then I'll create
	a 3rd patch for the -maltivec change.

	Ok?

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz