[Ffmpeg-devel] aac adts input

Justin Ruggles jruggle
Thu Aug 11 05:15:43 CEST 2005

Benjamin Larsson wrote:
> Also to be taken into consideration is if the file is using SBR, eg
> doubbling the  frequency. I would guess this is the case here.

some insightful comments from libfaad2/mp4.c:
/* no SBR signalled, this could mean either implicit signalling or no
SBR in this file */
/* MPEG specification states: assume SBR on files with samplerate <=
24000 Hz */

Now it all makes more sense.  Here is a much simpler patch.

Just for interest's sake though, should an application be able to assume
that initializing a codec should not modify the AVCodecContext parameters?

-Justin