[Ffmpeg-devel] ratecontrol advice

Dario Andrade dario
Sat Aug 13 16:33:33 CEST 2005

> My other settings are set dynamically but tend to be like this:
>          gop_size =  60
>          bit_rate = 118000
>          time_base.num = 1
>          time_base.den = 30
>          bit_rate_tolerance = 118000/5
>          qmin = 3
>          qmax = 10
>          mb_lmin = FF_QP2LAMBDA * qmin
>          mb_lmax = FF_QP2LAMBDA * qmax

Dan, In my opinion, bitrate is too low for a qvga 30fps video.
Underflow happens when in the theoretic buffering model "detects" that the
produced bitstream will take longer than it needs to correctly be consumed
by a hypothetical decoder. So I'd try reducing parameters or increasing
bitrate.

Cheers,
Dario Andrade