[Ffmpeg-devel] How to decrease ffmpeg footprint

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Fri Aug 19 04:32:52 CEST 2005

Ina Miranda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We need an mpeg-jpeg conversion utility in our arm-based embedded project. ffmpeg does the job but the footprint is quite big(around 1.6MB). We do not need to support other capabilities like audio, etc. All we need is the ability to convert mpeg1/2/4 frames into jpeg files. Is it possible to decrease the ffmpeg footprint? If yes, how?
>
> Thanks,
> Ina

Hack the Makefiles and remove every codec/format beside the ones you
need. It is as easy as it seems.

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Developer		Gentoo/PPC Operational Leader
http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero