[Ffmpeg-devel] FFMPEG on Windows

Martin Boehme boehme
Thu Aug 25 09:45:29 CEST 2005

Kiran Tulasi wrote:
> I need to build ffmpeg on Windows. I find that it is currently available on Linux.
> There were some instructions for building it on Windows by using MinSYS and MinGW
> but I had a tough time in making use of them for this purpose. Can anyone of you
> tell me if there is a MSVC workspace (*.dsw) or a project (*.dsp) available which
> I can use directly? I tried building a MSVC workspace using the ffmpeg files but
> I found that many files have main() and I was not sure how to build them.

I think you can forget about trying to build ffmpeg under MSVC... it
uses GNU extensions (AFAIK), you won't be able to use the assembler
optimizations (because they're in AT&T syntax) etc. etc.

You should really compile ffmpeg under MinGW/MSYS. It's really just a
case of

./configure --enable-memalign-hack --enable-shared
make

Not any more difficult than building under Linux, really...

Martin

--
Martin B?hme
Inst. f. Neuro- and Bioinformatics