[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: MSVC 6 one more time

Martin Boehme boehme
Thu Aug 25 15:37:52 CEST 2005

Falconetti Gabor wrote:
> Sorry, I was a little bit late

Me too...

> Here is the output of the program:
> Microsoft(R) Windows 98
>    (C)Copyright Microsoft Corp 1981-1999.
>
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\MyProjects\sample\Debug>sample.exe
> allega
> vi.avi
> Input #0, avi, from 'allegavi.avi':
>   Duration: 00:00:03.3, bitrate: 960 kb/s
>   Stream #0.0: Video: msmpeg4, 320x240, 30.00 fps
>
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\MyProjects\sample\Debug>
>
> I am a hobbyst, and a not too efficient one in using the debuggers.

Learning to use the integrated debugger is definitely worthwhile... it's
orders of magnitude more efficient than debugging using printfs...

> I actually
> tried to write some printfs in the decode  and the write function.

Did you put those printfs in the ffmpeg functions themselves or in your
own code? In the ffmpeg code, you should use av_log instead of printf --
but then the ffmpeg code is the same no matter if you use it with a
program compiled in MinGW or in MSVC.

> After that I
> read somewhere on the forum, that there are some problems with printf. Actually
> , nothing from my strings were displayed. When I compile with MinGW everything
> works fine. I have an old pentium , and the MinGW suite is just too slow for my
> computer, that is why I trying to use Visual C.

I suggest that you put a few fprintf(stderr, "...") statements in your
own code to figure out what's going on (see my last post) -- and what
the difference is between your program compiled under MinGW and under
MSVC. That should help you figure out what's going on...

Martin

--
Martin B?hme
Inst. f. Neuro- and Bioinformatics