[Ffmpeg-devel] Streamingserver...

Erik Brännlund (SA/TMS) erik.brannlund
Wed Aug 31 16:09:13 CEST 2005

Hi!

This isn't a ffmpeg question but since this is the most knowledgable place I know, I'll ask here anyway.

I need to choose a streamingserver to use in our testsystem.
The server shall be able to stream
h263
mpeg4
amr
AAC
AAC+
Enhanced AAC+
all of this according to 3GPP specs.

The server only need to do this on preencoded files (but if it can stream live data it doesn't hurt).

Preferably the server should run on Windows because thats what our customers are running. But if it is easy to manage the system any(?) operatingsystem and hardware can be considered.
It should be easy to administrate.
However it does not need to be free, in fact the legal bit might be even more difficult to handle with free software.

/Erik

P.S
No flame wars about windows being useless!
D.S