[Ffmpeg-devel] mingw build is linking avcodec statically into avformat.dll

Alexander Strasser eclipse7
Thu Dec 1 14:50:13 CET 2005

Hi,

Ronen Mizrahi wrote:
> Yes, I can confirm that it now works and the static linking of
> avcodec.dll into avformat.dll no longer occurs. Can the patch be pleasae
> applied to CVS by someone?

  Principally I would like to apply it but the problem is:
that it logically causes the generation of the static libs
with the same objects to fail. As i wrote before disbabling
static isn't easily possible with the current build system.

  Does anyone else have a good idea?
  Or should i go for modifying the buildsystem so the build
of static libs could be disabled when --enable-shared is
selected on win32?

  Alex (beastd)