[Ffmpeg-devel] Dr DivX OSS out with ffmpeg inside
Thu Dec 1 18:25:29 CET 2005
DivX has released yesterday their new Open Source project : Dr DivX 2.
It's like the old DrDivX but using open source code, and offering the
rest for free.
It uses a slightly modified version of FFMPEG built with MSVC. To avoid
confusion with the "official builds" it's called DrFFMPEG.dll. The
source code can be found on SourceForge.
It uses the MS Baseclasses for DirectShow access too.
Among other changes (that I can remember):
- fixes some asserts & memory leaks
- add the possibility to encode video using the DivX DLL
- add a "multi:" file protocol that simulates concatenation
- add AC3, AAC and DTS decoding through DirectShow (as we use the
- add capture code using DirectShow (not 100% finished but
More information about the ffmpeg-devel