[Ffmpeg-devel] Question about FAQ 1.3

Balatoni Denes dbalatoni
Sat Dec 10 21:17:28 CET 2005

Hi!

szombat 10 december 2005 19.35-kor Diego Biurrun ezeket a bolcs gondolatokat
fogalmazta meg:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 10:02:46AM +0200, Luca Abeni wrote:
> > http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/faq.html#SEC4 says: "Currently, the
> > grabbing stuff does not handle synchronisation correctly. You are free
> > to correct it. A fix is planned."
[..]
> Does anybody have some information about this?  Can I just remove the
> FAQ?

Maybe it is referring to the a-v desync that's possible if the soundcard is
not exactly clocked at the nominal sampling rate (eg. 44100 Hz). For one,
MEncoder compensates for this (the video and audio stay in sync although the
audio is faster/slower than in the original).

> Diego

bye
Denes