[Ffmpeg-devel] time for a release?

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Tue Dec 13 10:36:41 CET 2005

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 11:55:27AM +0100, Michel Bardiaux wrote:
>
>>Benjamin Larsson wrote:

>>It does not make sense to issue a 'release' since at the first bug
>>report regarding the 'release', the reply will be 'use cvs'.
>>
>>IMHO, either a release is declared, *and* it is supported; or, the
>>cvs-only-support rule remains in force, and the only thing to do is to
>>state very it clearly in all the docs.
>

> People have been requesting a release and said they would be happy even
> with CVS snapshots tagged as releases in regular intervals.  So let's
> give it to them.
>
> Supporting releases is a matter of manpower IMO.  If I look at the
> FFmpeg patch backlog I simply come to the conclusion that there are
> things with higher priority than supporting releases.
>
> Diego

OK, there seems to be a majority for that.

Then I would say the image processing code changes should be completed
before the release: img to img2, doc, regressions, and removal of all
the if-zeroed parts in the code. I have tried to contribute on that but
failed, I dont get the logic behind the img/img2 thing nor the if-zero code.

Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director
T +32 [0] 2 790 29 41
F +32 [0] 2 790 29 02