[Ffmpeg-devel] Suggestions for Reducing Noise

Paul Curtis pfc
Tue Dec 13 12:59:55 CET 2005

A while back, the '-nr' option was removed from 'ffmpeg'. I have some
video in raw video/PCM audio (AVI container) that has a fair amount of
noise that is affecting the MPEG2 encoder's ability to compress the
video. That and the resulting video doesn't look very good.

I'm looking for some suggestions of option settings to help reduce the
noise in the resulting MPEG2. I am using a current CVS of 'ffmpeg'. I
realize that every video stream is different, so I don't expect find the
best combination of option without experimentation. What I'm looking for
is which options would be the best to experiment with.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Regards,
Paul