[Ffmpeg-devel] New Thread: Shared libraries install script broken in cvs

Diego Biurrun diego
Thu Dec 15 16:15:32 CET 2005

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 02:38:14AM +1300, John C. McCabe-Dansted wrote:
> On Thursday 15 December 2005 23:07, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>
> > - This was originally posted to an unrelated thread.
> >
> > If this is really an issue, start a new thread with a detailed bug
> > report.  Until then I consider the case closed.
>
> OK.

You obviously misunderstood.  Changing subject is not the same as
starting a new thread.  Let me explain this from the ground up.  You
posted your initial message as a reply to an unrelated message.  This is
wrong since your mailer will add a In-Reply-To: header to the message
and if people use a threaded mailer your mail will show up in the thread
you replied to instead of a new thread like it should.

Meddling with proper threading like this is frowned upon (not only here)
and a good recipe to get ignored.  Because of this reason I had
immediately discarded and deleted your first message.

Anyway, let's forget about it now, just please don't do it again.  I'll
look into the issue over the weekend at the latest and commit some sort
of solution.

Diego