[Ffmpeg-devel] [patch] make SONAME encoding optional

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Sun Dec 18 06:14:59 CET 2005

Jacob Meuser wrote:
> the SONAME stuff is wrong for OpenBSD.  SONAMES should have both major
> and minor numbers there.  but in general, SONAMES aren't used in OpenBSD.

That makes no sense. You use just major since just major version changes
mean that the abi changes. I wonder why they aren't used or used that way.

> patch below adds a --disable-sonames option to disable SONAME encoding.
>
> I figure this is more flexible than adding OS specific stuff.

Right

> the patch also changes the libpostproc Makefile to use LIBVERSION
> in SHFLAGS like the other library Makefiles do.

Right it could conform the other Makefiles.

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Developer		Gentoo/PPC Operational Leader
http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero