[Ffmpeg-devel-old] Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] Some tweaks to better respect max bitrate

Mean fixounet
Sat Dec 24 16:38:11 CET 2005

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>

> if you ported the xvid rc code to lavc, why not send a patch (with the code
> under CONFIG_GPL)?

Hello,   I'm afraid i did not receive yet the flame proof armor i asked
for christmas :)

The main problem is that the code that wraps both lavcodec+xvid+the vbv
constraints
is written using bloat/braindead/crappy c++ (select the one you prefer
most).
The aim is to use c++ polyphormism to be able to change easily the
ratecontrol code
without changing the codec itself. So i can add new ratecontrol easily.

The only part i changed is that i added a layer above xvid rc that
projects the next half gop
to check we won'' have underflow. It is only used for SVCD/DVD as for
lowly constrained
bitstream (mpeg4 as of now) lavcodec ratecontrol works well.

If you don't mind having your christmas eve spoiled by c++ and very
empirical
code it is available here :

http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/avidemux/branches/avidemux_2.1_branch/avidemux/ADM_xvidratectl/ADM_xvidratectlVBV.cpp?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

The main part is