[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: redetect audioformat in mpeg-ts

Nico Sabbi nsabbi
Wed Jul 6 16:13:14 CEST 2005

Patrick Fischer wrote:

>> MPEG-TS doesn't (usually) contain any more detailed information than the
>> codec used.  It's up to your mpeg audio decoder to detect a change,
>> and do
>> something sensible.  It's probably not a very good idea to be
>> changing audio
>> parameters midstream, as most players will not cope with it.  I'm not
>> sure
>> whether it's (dis)allowed by any standards.
>>
> Thanks.
> But if you look at DVB you will see that the mpeg-ts can change the
> audio-format.
> DVB sends a consecutive mpeg-ts stream. Some Movies has Strereo and
> some other has mono or some others.
> I need to detect it.

maybe updating the tables, possibly sending a non-current table version
in advance so that the decoder
can prepare for the content update

 Sponsor:
 Scarica la Rana Pazza sul tuo cellulare - come vista in televisione!
* La prima suoneria ? GRATIS!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3539&d=6-7