[Ffmpeg-devel] sdp bug?

Zoltan NAGY nagyz
Mon Jul 18 16:28:34 CEST 2005

Luca Abeni wrote:

>Hello,
>
>On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 15:17 +0200, Zoltan NAGY wrote:
>

>>Hello!
>>
>>I have this inside an sdp:
>>v=0
>>o=- 1121692460724730 8 IN IP4 127.0.0.1
>>s=NONE
>>t=0 0
>>a=tool:vlc 0.8.2-svn
>>c=IN IP4 127.0.0.1/0
>>

>I think ffmpeg expects this line to contain a multicast address... I did
>not check the RFC, but I do not know if something like
><non-multicast-ip-address>/<ttl> is allowed. Also, a ttl equal to 0
>looks strange...

well, definitely. it is generated by vlc, and indeed, if I change it to
a multicast address, where there is a video stream
then it works most of them time.

>>why does it do that?
>>if I remove the audio part from the file, then ffplay doesnt quit
>>instead shows me a totally blank window.
>>
>>I have several sdp files which cannot be played with ffmpeg when it
>>contains audio, but if I remove the audio descriptor lines,
>>then it plays fine - just without an audio.
>>

>I am not sure if ffmpeg can correctly cope with AAC audio streams... I
>suspect it will have problems synchronizing audio and video.

well, I had successfully played apple's darwin streaming server's sample
mp4 files streamed over network,
with aac sound inside.

Regards,

Zoltan NAGY,