[Ffmpeg-devel] [Ffmpeg-devel-old] rtp mpeg4 packetize problem

Zoltan NAGY nagyz
Wed Jul 20 16:49:20 CEST 2005

Bill May wrote:

> Zoltan NAGY wrote:
>
>> sad, but that's also fine :-)
>> so, here is my idea:
>>
>> after av_read_frame(), split the frame into packets, put the rtp
>> header on them, and send them over the network.
>>
>> it sounds very simple, but.. does it work? :)
>> and is it enough if I mark the payload time in the header for vlc to
>> recognize that it's a video stream?
>>
>> and how do I stream audio also? send sometimes audio sometimes video
>> packets on the same port,
>> just with different PT markings in the header?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>

> If you want the complete package for mpeg4, my mpeg4ip package
> has all that you'd need.  It contains a player, live encoder/streamer,
> content creation tools (makes mp4 files from elementary streams, hints
> files for streaming server).

the problem is, I have to make my own application suitable for
playing live mpeg4 streams, and I couldnt get ffplay to play any stream
generated by mpeg4ip...

Regards,

Zoltan NAGY,
Software Engineer