[Ffmpeg-devel] Patch: speed conversion

Jules jules
Fri Jul 22 20:52:29 CEST 2005

The attached patch adds a command line option to 'ffmpeg' that allows
you to alter the playback speed of a video.  E.g.:

ffmpeg -i input -spc 2:1 output
    (produces a video that is the input slowed down by a factor of 2)

ffmpeg -i input -spc 23976:25000 -r 25 output
    (converts an NTSC-film input to a PAL output, speeding up
     playback by about 4%)

It achieves this result by overriding the time base and sample rate of
the input files, to make them appear to have been recorded at a
different speed.  I'm not sure how it will interact with subtitles, as I
don't have any subtitled videos here to test with.

Hope this is useful in some way.

Jules