[Ffmpeg-devel] fix --disable-encoders

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje
Sun Jul 24 18:52:59 CEST 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-24 at 14:56, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Sunday 24 July 2005 14:45, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> > Will an additional --disable-muxers be accepted instead?
>
> yes, but IMHO we should first a --disable for each muxer individually

How would you like that done, sir? :). Should I get rid of all
<bla>_init() functions and move their (de)mux initializers to
av_format_register_all() in avformat.c, similar to how it's done in
lavc? And what do you want to do with the image formats (which don't
compile with --disable-encoders/decoders, because that gets rid of the
put_*() and get_*() functions)?
Lastly, you'll notice that --disable-single-encoder doesn't do a thing
except for getting rid of the actual codec registration; the code is
still compiled in the lib, so binary size doesn't decrease. Is that
something marked for fixage later or is it intentional?

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>