[Ffmpeg-devel] ffmpeg & postprocess_internal.h (colorspace issue)

Martin Boehme boehme
Mon Jul 25 10:24:27 CEST 2005

Hi Kris,

Kris A. Wotipka wrote:
> Apologies and thanks for the input.  By the time I learn enough C to
> understand the code, the problem will no longer be an issue since we
> will probably be into some direct to brain transfer system with our
> entertainment.  It truly is a shame that wonderful programs such as
> these will forever be locked into the hands of those who can program but
> not write documentation.

Admittedly a problem on a lot of Open Source projects...

> I as an engineer understand the issues of composite routing, syncing,
> latency, etc of the traditional studio system.  Whenever someone who
> wants to learn asks, I always try to explain it in real world terms and
> then hand them one of Grass Valleys wonderful manuals.

As an explanation of why you got a slightly terse initial answer from
Michael... when I read your question, I was tempted to answer but
realized that a complete answer to "what does the 0x8000 do?" would take
several pages... Michael realized that, too, hence his "learn C" answer
-- he's not exactly the wordy type ;-).

Martin

--
Martin B?hme