[Ffmpeg-devel] Fix for overflow issue in mpegvideo.c

Martin Boehme boehme
Mon Jul 25 17:23:56 CEST 2005

Hi,

the attached patch fixes an overflow issue I was getting for
(overconservatively) large buffer sizes and large picture heights, i.e.
buf_size=2.5 MB and end_y=1024. I'm aware this buf_size is _much_ too
large (being lazy, I allocate enough buffer for a complete uncompressed
image so I _know_ it will be enough)... OTOH, ffmpeg's (static) buffer
size (256 KB) is already within an order of magnitude of the "critical"
size.

Comments, please...

Martin

--