[Ffmpeg-devel] Copying frames

Todd Kirby ffmpeg.php
Wed Jul 27 00:46:29 CEST 2005

I am trying to figure out the correct way to copy packets from an
input file directly to an output file without decoding. My simple
example program reads in packets from an rpza encoded quicktime movie
and then writes the packets out to a new quicktime movie. Obviously I
am missing something fundemental because when I run it I get the
following errors and the movie files is empty except for the header.

% ./copyframes input.mov output.mov

error, non monotone timestamps 3003000 >= 0
error, non monotone timestamps 3003000 >= 1001000
error, non monotone timestamps 3003000 >= 2002000
error, non monotone timestamps 3003000 >= 3003000
*** glibc detected *** corrupted double-linked list: 0x08053928 ***
Abort

Do I need to recalculate the timestamps when writing out the packets?
My program is attached.  And can be built with...

gcc -g -lavformat copyframes.c -o copyframes

...and run with...

./copyframes input.mov output.mov

Here's an rpza movie to test with.
http://66.126.28.162/test_videos/original_rpza.mov