[Ffmpeg-devel] JPEG Decoder & MPEG-2 Encoder Files

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Thu Jul 28 19:53:20 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 7/28/05, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 06:58:37PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 08:56:44AM -0700, sharon fargo wrote:
> > > i forgot to mention that i need to compile those files with Visual C++ under Windows xp OS.
> > >
> > > one more que. : how can i compile the ffmpeg with Visual C++ under Windows xp OS ?
> >
> > Tried reading the FAQ?
>
> Seriously, though.  I'm not trying to flame here, but since the question
> comes up again and again the answer does not seem to be in an obvious
> place...

Here what's in the FAQ:

2.2 Can you support my C compiler XXX ?

No. Only GCC is supported. GCC is ported to most systems available and
there is no need to pollute the source code with #ifdefs related to
the compiler.

well, to me it makes sense that VC++ != GCC, but maybe an additional
entry to clearly state that VC has no chance to get supported even if
hell freezes would not hurt... now the problem is: did this guy read
the FAQ already? 10 bucks toward mplayerhq.hu new server he did not.

Guillaume
--
I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
When they wake up in the morning, that's