[Ffmpeg-devel] MPEG4 over TS

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman
Thu Jun 2 14:52:04 CEST 2005

On 01 jun 2005, at 18:29, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> VLC stores MPEG4 in TS incorrectly.
>
>> 1) Is it possible to parse this PMT header with any option in the
>> command line of FFMPEG?
>
> The PMT is correct, the PES headers are wrong.  It's easy enough to
> hack ffmpeg into reading them anyway, but you should complain to the
> VLC team.
>
>> 2) Is it possible to include this kind of information in the ES (or in
>> any other place) instead of in a PMT header?
>
> No.  That is the purpose of the PMT.

We support this opinion btw.
The rationale has always been that our support for this had never been
upgraded to the final standards. Mostly also because very little
programs up until now have been capable of handling mpeg4 in TS, so it
wasn't very critical.

Just to let everyone know, Gildas even yesterday made some changes to
properly mux MPEG4 into TS
http://trac.videolan.org changesets 11215-11223

What is left to be done is the MPEG4 audio muxing as far as I know, but
this is considerably more complicated then the video muxing Gildas told
me. Help is always welcomed of course.

DJ
---
Universiteit Twente