[Ffmpeg-devel] Animated GIF looping

Todd Kirby ffmpeg.php
Sat Jun 4 07:11:58 CEST 2005

On 6/3/05, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Thursday 02 June 2005 23:35, Todd Kirby wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > pasing this with a global variable is unaceptable
> >
> > Seemed ugly to me too, but that's how the other loop option was
> > getting passed so I copied it. What is the preferred way to pass
> > options to libavformat modules?
>
> for output formats over AVFormatContext

Ok, I attached an updated patch with the following changes:

1. Command line option is renamed from 'gifloop' to 'loop_output'
2. Loop count is now passed via AVFormatContext instead of global..
3. Incremented LIBAVFORMAT_BUILD since this patch changes avformat.h

Should I change the other loop option to also use AVFormatContext
instead of the global? What about changing its name to 'loop_input'?

-Todd