[Ffmpeg-devel] mpeg1video and apiexample problem

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev
Tue Jun 7 12:40:01 CEST 2005

On 6/6/05, Chip <szarlada at freemail.hu> wrote:
> Hi,
> I was away for some months and it seems the mpeg1video decoding has
> changed. Currently I get garbage in my result, sometimes all P frames
> buggy or only I frames are played.
> I started to check how should I do it from the apiexample, but nothing
> changed there and apiexample is unable to decode mpeg1video too.
> [chip at chip libavcodec]$ ./apiexample
> Audio encoding
> Audio decoding
> Video encoding
> [mpeg1video @ 0x82fb01c]only YUV420 is supported
> could not open codec
> Trying to decode any other file I get the following messages:
> [mpeg1video @ 0x82fb01c]slice mismatch
> [mpeg1video @ 0x82fb01c]Warning MVs not available
> [mpeg1video @ 0x82fb01c]concealing 300 DC, 300 AC, 300 MV errors
> The result images are totally buggy.
> Somebody would enlighten me what have I missed?

In first case it looks like video format mode conversion is needed.
This message is probably comming from MPV_encode_init and is about encoder.

Say what version last worked for you and upload sample to
(upload also txt file with description of the probelm)

  Ivan Kalvachev