[Ffmpeg-devel] Compiled ffmpeg on Apple's x86 architecture

Martin Hering lists
Wed Jun 8 16:51:53 CEST 2005

Mike Melanson wrote:
> Martin Hering wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> just want to let you know, that I managed to compile ffmpeg on the new
>> x86 architecture of Apple. For now, I disabled nearly everything and
>> added
>> "x86" as cpu type in the configure script. I will try to get SSE
>> working today.
>

>     Just curious, how did you get your hands on the Apple x86 hardware?
> I was not aware if it is generally available yet. Are you on a special
> developer program?

Hi Mike,

yes, I am on the WWDC in San Francisco. They have over a hundred maschines
available for testing and since I use ffmpeg in my projects a lot I
needed to
compile it for the new arch.

Martin