[Ffmpeg-devel] avformat/mpegts reads too much data for lowbitratestreams

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Jun 9 13:45:27 CEST 2005

Hi

On Thursday 09 June 2005 12:49, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:
> >> A couple of DVB samples I checked repeat the SDT every 2 seconds.  If
> >> we want to be sure to catch it, it will be necessary to keep looking
> >> for a few seconds.  If the stream is in fact not DVB, this will impose
> >> an annoying delay.  Limiting the search by size is not ideal, either,
> >> the better solution being a time-limited search, as determined by PCR
> >> values.  This is of course more complex.
> >
> > and independant of that, why not make it a little more flexible and
> > let the user override whatever the default will be if she wishes ...
>
> Any suggestion on how this should be passed to the demuxer?

without looking at the code, id say AVFormatContext or AVFormatParameters, it
depends upon where the variable is needed, and yes iam not happy with how
parameters are passed into the demuxers at all

--
Michael