[Ffmpeg-devel] avformat/mpegts reads too much data for lowbitratestreams

Kenneth Aafløy kenneth
Thu Jun 9 17:36:16 CEST 2005

torsdag 9. juni 2005, 17:27, skrev M?ns Rullg?rd:
> Kenneth Aafl?y <kenneth at aafloy.net> writes:
> > torsdag 9. juni 2005, 15:12, skrev M?ns Rullg?rd:
> >>
> >> You stop returning packets from it.  If all the streams go away, you
> >> do whatever the method is to signal end of file, which I can't recall
> >> at the moment.
> >
> > That's a crude interface, since there is no av_read_frame(AVStream)
> > you have to depend on time to detect when to change what to decode!
>
> Huh?  If you get packets, you decode them.  If there are no packets,
> you decode nothing.

Say you have a ts with two services, and the user is currently decoding the
first service. If this service stops it's transmission the user (app) either
want to exit (since it's the end of the 'stream') or switch to the other
service (since it's not the end of the 'file'). With your interface it's
impossible (close to) to trigger either change, since there is no notion of
'end of substream'.

Kenneth