[Ffmpeg-devel] avformat/mpegts reads too much data for lowbitratestreams

Kenneth Aafløy kenneth
Fri Jun 10 21:41:35 CEST 2005

Hi,

torsdag 9. juni 2005, 22:59, skrev Michael Niedermayer:
> On Thursday 09 June 2005 22:09, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:

> > > hmm, whats non trivial from the lavf api point of view?
> > > you could add a flag to AVStream or AVPacket to indicate "end of
> > > stream"
> >
> > Are you proposing a special end-of-stream packet?  I'm not against the
> > idea as such, but it would change the semantics.
>
> yes, though iam not saying its a good or bad idea just that it seems
> relatively trivial

Ok, so if I got the gist of it, the patches would be:

 - remove sdt scan, as it's not required for proper operation
   (all info needed is present in pat/pmt)
 - replace pat/pmt scan by constant filters that can detect
   removed services/pids
 - insert method (flag) into AVStream to indicate 'end of stream'

Kenneth