[Ffmpeg-devel] feeding ffmpeg on the fly

Marcelo Manzato manzato81
Mon Jun 13 16:35:09 CEST 2005

Well,

I have tried this... I did the following:

1. $ mkfifo test
2. started mp4live to record video under file name
main.mp4
3. $ cat main.mp4 > test
4. (another terminal) $ ffmpeg -s 320x240 -r 5 -t 185
-f rawvideo -pix_fmt yuv420p -i - -vcodec mpeg4 -an -f
mp4 coded.mp4 < test

But ffmpeg finishes without waiting for more data....