[Ffmpeg-devel] ffmpeg on osx 10.4.1 with AMR narrowband support

Henry Junior henryjunior
Thu Jun 16 22:13:21 CEST 2005

Greetings,

I am looking for a way to build ffmpeg, under os x 10.4.1, with AMR
narrowband support.  I've attempted to follow instructions here:

http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx?14 at 25 7.wnMyaTlm6Tw.1004190 at .68a9e81f/12

Unfortunately, I get these errors on the make cmd:

make -C libavcodec all
cc -O3 -g -Wall -Wno-switch -no-cpp-precomp -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer
-mdynamic-no-pic -DHAVE_AV_CONFIG_H -I.. -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_GNU_SOURCE -c -o bitstream.o bitstream.c
In file included from avcodec.h:14,
                 from bitstream.c:28:
common.h:61: error: array type has incomplete element type
common.h:63: error: array type has incomplete element type
make[1]: *** [bitstream.o] Error 1
make: *** [lib] Error 2

The somewhat good news:
I have been successful getting the fink version of ffmpeg installed
but of course it's missing the AMR Narrowband codecs I am after. Not
sure how I could add these *after* installing...is this possible?

I am looking to sort out a working installation of ffmpeg with AMR
Narrowband support.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!