[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Problems encoding H264 with a MP4 / MOV container with ffmpeg

Måns Rullgård mru
Fri Jun 17 18:42:37 CEST 2005

Erik Slagter <erik at slagter.name> writes:

> On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 06:58 -0700, Bill May wrote:
>
>> Thanks to ffmpeg and x264, mpeg4ip can encode and record/stream live
>> v4l2 streams, and play it back, as well.
>
> Very very nice! I guess you'll need a lot of cpu power (or a low
> resolution) ;-)

A year ago I was doing two CIF resolution streams in realtime on a
dual Xeon 2.4GHz with hyperthreading.  Since then, both CPUs and x264
have become faster, so I'd expect D1 to be feasible.

> Anything that obsolete avi (or asf, for that matter) a bit more in any
> way makes me happy :-)

You're not alone there.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd