[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: .mpg files won't play in mac/win with simple click from browser

Marco Scoffier marco
Sat Jun 18 13:23:25 CEST 2005

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 01:58:27 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> are the mpeg files vbr? IIRC windows has problems with VBR mpeg1

I am not sure.  But the files do play on Windows, just not straight
from the browser.  I have to download them first and then play the
file from disk.

I checked for vbr in the man page and did not come up with
anything. I did activate the -hq settings, and cobbled the rest of the
options from other posts to get a file which looks better. Below are
the lines from my script (probably I am doing something stupid?).

How do I turn off vbr ?

Thanks,

--
Marco

rate="-r 15"
pass="-passlogfile ffmpeg.log -pass"

opts="-hq -naq -lumi_mask 0.07 -dark_mask 0.2"
out="-pix_fmt yuv420p -r 30 "
codec="-vcodec mpeg1video"
size="-s 320x208 -y -b 350"

ffmpeg $rate -i $1 $size $opts $out $codec $pass 1 $2.mpg
ffmpeg $rate -i $1 $size $opts $out $codec $pass 2 $2.mpg