[Ffmpeg-devel] H264 decoder internals

Pascal Massimino skal
Sun Jun 19 23:44:44 CEST 2005

	Hey Michael,

On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 02:25, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> btw, am i the only one who thinks that the h.264 spec is the most obfuscated
> and unreadable spec ever?

	My favorite would go to 11172-3 (buggy but no-one cares) and its
	succubus 13818-3 (useless & unreadable & un-implementable).

	As for h264, well, they should have added some notes about the
	underlying *intent*. But at least they've made a effort for
	the spec to be un-mistakable. (Too much to my taste: most of
	the time, they specified atomized processes having one and only
	one possible implementation in mind. Too bad when you try
	alternative tricks)

	my 2euros
-Skal