[Ffmpeg-devel] Bug in multithreaded h/x264 encoding

Erik Slagter erik
Mon Jun 20 19:11:29 CEST 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 16:27 -0700, Loren Merritt wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jun 2005, Erik Slagter wrote:
> > Thx, that worked. Well... it shows a picture with the same errors as
> > mplayer on the mp4 stream. Output:
> >
> > [h264 @ 0x4d4fd0b0]concealing 792 DC, 792 AC, 792 MV errors
> > [h264 @ 0x4d4fd0b0]error while decoding MB 2 18
> > [h264 @ 0x4d4fd0b0]concealing 792 DC, 792 AC, 792 MV errors
> > [h264 @ 0x4d4fd0b0]concealing 792 DC, 792 AC, 792 MV errors
> > [h264 @ 0x4d4fd0b0]error while decoding MB 2 18
> > [h264 @ 0x4d4fd0b0]concealing 792 DC, 792 AC, 792 MV errors
> >
> > If you want to see for yourself:
> >
> > http://erik.slagter.name/pub test.vob (33M) test.h264 (19M)
>
> test.h264 works perfectly in ffplay-cvs. mplayer can play it correctly
> with -demuxer 35 (not 30; the builtin raw h264 demuxer can't handle
> multiple slices per frame).

Okay, I am a bit embarrassed here, the version of ffplay and mplayer on
my desktop were not cvs but about a month old. So, I installed the
packages on the desktop as well and the problem is gone (both mplayer
and ffplay).

Still it's interesting that the output of the encoder apparently is not
bit exact regarding to nr of threads.