[Ffmpeg-devel] Seeking with in an MPEGTS

Nico Sabbi nsabbi
Tue Jun 21 15:42:31 CEST 2005

Andy Parkins wrote:

>On Tuesday 2005 June 21 14:24, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>

>>>I've generated an MPEG transport stream containing an MPEG4 ES using
>>>libavformat.  When playing back using ffplay, it plays back perfectly
>>>until I perform a seek.  After that the stream breaks up for a bit, then
>>>settles down but I start to get lots of error messages from h263.c; for
>>>example.
>>>

>>MPEG TS doesn't contain information about key frames, so when you seek you
>>are likely to end up with some P/B frames before the next I frame.  Nothing
>>to be worried about.  You could junk the decoder output until the next I
>>frame comes around.  Look at AVFrame.key_frame.
>>

>Thanks; but I don't think this is the case.  I'm happy with the messed up
>picture, which fixes as soon as there is a key frame.  However, the quoted
>error messages continue well after the next key frame has been passed.
>Something about seeking is throwing off the decoder permanently.
>
>Andy

isn't there a way to reset the decoders in lavc before seeking,
and tell them to reprise decoding from the next keyframe?
Seeing a broken picture is a bit annoying

 Sponsor:
 Logos Finanziaria SPA. Societ? di credito ad erogazione diretta. Fino a 30.000 euro in 24 ore! Clicca e scopri come
*
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2909&d=21-6