[Ffmpeg-devel] Select Audio channel

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Wed Jun 22 10:44:12 CEST 2005

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Hans E. Kristiansen said:
>
>>I have some VCD's which I am using ffmpeg to convert to mpeg format for
>>the Neuston MC-500. However, some of the VCD are bi-lingual, one channel
>>is e.g. English, and the other is French. Is there an option in ffmpeg
>>to select either channel?
>

> The -map option might be what you need.

Seems to me the OP has 2 channels in 1 stereo stream: left is English,
right is French. Since they are in the same stream, -map wont help. I
see several ways out:

(1) demux, use an audio processing proggy that does support channel
separation, remux.

(2) Quick modif to ffmpeg.c to modify the code handling stereo-to-mono
to separate rather than average

(3) mencoder -stereo 1 (or 2)

HaND,
--
Michel Bardiaux
Peaktime Belgium S.A.  Bd. du Souverain, 191  B-1160 Bruxelles