[Ffmpeg-devel] h.264 decoding farked ?

Diego Biurrun diego
Tue Jun 28 16:28:00 CEST 2005

On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 06:36:48AM -0700, Bill May wrote:
> Okay - I'll try that.  Can I ask an honest question ?  I'm not
> trolling. Why do you have such a negative reaction to the
> automake tools and libtool ?  Is there a FAQ on this ?

It's in the MPlayer FAQ, FWIW.  Also search the archives.

hell, bloat and doubtful utility.  A big problem is also that so few
people understand them properly and thus maintenance and review become

MPlayer/FFmpeg are not the only projects that reject auto*.  Just google
around or look at the archives of the vpnc project.

Please let the matter rest now, this subject has spawned far too many